In the morning meet and greet your guide and travel companions in the lobby of the hotel / airport. After knowing each other we explore the city centre of Ljubljana. The old city centre has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to its mixture of Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture with masterful creations by the 20th century architect Jože Plečnik. The funicular will take us to the Castle of Ljubljana situated above the town. Time to admire the magnificent view, which on a sunny day stretches all the way to the Alps. We suggest ending the day with a boat cruise on the Ljubljanica River. Overnight stay.
Slovenian Summer Round Tour in 5 Days
- Family tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Educational tour
- Culinary tour
- Private & Custom tour
Postojna Cave in all its beauty and majesty provides an experience that will long be remembered! Take an unforgettable ride on Postojna Cave's underground train and experience a fascinating subterranean paradise shaped by tiny droplets over millions of years. Feel the charm of the magical Alpine lake of Bled, renowned for a medieval castle perched on a cliff above the lake and an iconic view on the Bled island. Ljubljana is a people-friendly city. A medium-sized European city that offers everything a metropolis does yet preserves its small-town friendliness. The Lipica Stud Farm is one of the oldest stud farms in the world and it represents the origin of the Lipizzan horse. Piran with its rich cultural heritage resembles a large open-air museum with medieval architecture. Narrow streets and compact houses give the town its unique charm. Goriška brda, also known as Slovenian Tuscany is a fairy tale landscape, nested halfway between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea, with abundance of beauties, attractions and experiences. The villages are mostly surrounded by the greenery of vineyards and orchards with roads, track and paths winding among them. Here on this green piece of the earth, the world-famous wines are produced. One of the most beautiful rivers in Europe, the Soča is an important natural treasure in the Triglav National Park. It is famous for its deep emerald colour and brisk rapids in the upstream area.
Type of tour: 5 day's sightseeing tour
Duration: 5 days – 4 night's minimum
Departure and time: on Request, every day from May - September
Best time for trip: May - September
Number of persons: 8 persons or less
- The Queen of the Underground World – Postojna Cave
- Meet the Baby Dragons - Olms
- Take a ride on an electric train into the heart of the cave
- Visit the mysterious Predjama Castle
- Visit the ancient Bled Castle
- Stroll on the banks of the iconic Bled Lake
- Walking tour of the charming old city centre
- The Funicular to the Castle of Ljubljana
- Masterful creations by architect Jože Plečnik
- Visit the home of the Lipizzan breed and discover its unique history
- Explore gorgeous seaside town Piran
- Tasting of Karst dry-cured ham ‘’pršut’’
- Visit the Sečovlje Salt Pans
- Wine tasting of excellent local wines
- Tolmin Gorges - a loop trail past stony peaks, a thermal spring, waterfalls, and rock formations
- The emerald river Soča – one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe
- Feel the atmosphere of Alpine Village Kranjska Gora
- Enjoy a spectacular drive the highest road pass in Slovenia – Vršič Pass
- Drive through beautiful alpine valley nestled in the heart of the Julian Alps – Trenta Valley
Know before you go:
- When booking you will receive a confirmation in 24h
- Guide or our office will contact you for all the details, regarding your arrival (pick- point and time) and departure.
- Children under 18 years of age, will and cannot be served any alcohol on the trip (Wine cellars etc.)
- There is a possibility that your group will be joined with other groups at some attractions (Wine cellar tours etc....)
- Our small group/Private tours, reach max. 8 people.
- Transportation vehicle for booking up to 3 people will be a family friendly car, if more you will be transported by Van for up to 8 passengers.
- Infants need to be seated in their own seats (they will be provided one if needed)
- Minimum number of people rule applies for this tour. In case that requirements are not met, we will cancel the tour and refund your payment
- In case of a bad weather, we hold the right to adjust the program so that you will be able to have a better experience
- Accommodation will be in 4* hotels/guest houses based on bed and breakfast services in double/twin rooms. - Single rooms are available as a supplement
- Infants are always in the room with the parents (Cribs rental is included in the price)
- Kids will be accommodated in the same room as parents on extra beds
- Youth kids will be accommodated with parents on extra beds for bookings of 1-2 youths, or in a separate or connected room.
- Tolmin Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until the end of March. In period from November to March we do not visit Tolmin Gorges but spend more time in some other place.
- Regardless what time of the year it is, you should have a warm jacket with you when entering Postojna Cave.
- At both, Postojna cave and Predjama castle, you will have to conquer quite a few stairs.
- Your physical activity should be at the moderate level
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The program (tasting and meals) could be adjusted due to client’s nutrition requirements.
- Tolmin Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until the end of March.
- Kozjak Waterfall is closed from the beginning of November until the 16. of May.
What to bring:
- Bring comfortable walking shoes, jacket (no matter what time of the year are you traveling) and don’t forget your camera.
SLOVENIA - LJUBLJANA
POSTOJNA – PIRAN - PORTOROŽ
After Breakfast we do a Hotel Check-out. Drive to Postojna, where we enter the famous underground world of the Postojna Cave. The cave attracts numerous tourists on a daily basis with its beautiful stalagmites, stalactites, “curtains” and other phenomena caused by water flowing through the limestone, as well as for it being home to the renowned “human fish''. High on the wall, only 9 kilometres from Postojna Cave stands Predjama Castle. A beautiful, powerful, defiant, mysterious castle that couldn’t be conquered. It has reigned for over 800 years high on the rock. The Guinness Book of World Records recorded it as the largest cave castle in the world. We continue our journey towards Slovenian coast, where we will visit Sečovlje Salt Pans, the largest Slovenian salt evaporation pond to know everything about the salt harvesting. The salt works have been active since the 13th century. Nowadays, the salt production is carried on in order to preserve natural and cultural heritage. Our next stop is Piran, Slovenian Adriatic treasure, which is considered to be one of the most authentic and most photogenic towns on the Adriatic coast. It resembles a large open-air museum with its medieval architecture and its rich cultural heritage. Narrow streets and compact houses give the town its unique charm, while giving you a chance to admire the Venetian architecture. Exploring city main attractions: Tartini square, Church of St George, Minorite monastery, city walls. After the city tour we will have some free time in Piran or Portorož to enjoy a drink or a dinner by the sea. Accommodation in one of many Portorož Hotels and Overnight.
LIPICA STUD FARM - ŠTANJEL – GORIŠKA BRDA
Morning pick up at the hotel and drive towards the Lipica Stud Farm, famous for the white Lipizzaner horses that are bred and trained there, and take part in the guided tour of the farm or even see the Riding School of the Lipica Stud Farm in action. Afterwards we drive to Štanjel, one of the oldest settlements in the Karst, known for its old village centre. The village is built on the picturesque terraces of Turn Hill, catching the eye with its famous buildings and its unique panoramic views. We see the city’s major sights: The castle of Štanjel, the Church of St. Daniel and the Ferrari Garden. Time for lunch. Our next stop is at Goriška brda lookout tower (23m high with 144 steps), for a magnificent view of the wine area and in good weather views will stretch all the way to the Julian Alps, Dolomites, river Vipava and Soča Valley, Karst area, Gulf of Trieste and even the Venice Lagoon. As this is a well-known wine area with excellent wines, we visit one of the many wine cellars. While tasting some of the local wines we learn about the wine making process. Accommodation in one of local tourism farms or hotel. Overnight.
TOLMIN GORGES – SOČA VALLEY – KOBARID – VRŠIČ – PLANICA – KRANJSKA GORA
After breakfast, we drive to Tolmin and visit the Tolmin Gorge, where beautiful nature and water create magic colours and forms. A walk in nature, on the Emerald route, will fill you with energy. After the visit of Tolmin Gorges we continue to Kobarid, where you can visit the Kobarid museum of World War I, presenting a millennium of the turbulent history of Kobarid, and you can walk up a hill from which a beautiful view of an ossuary of Italian soldiers can be seen. Soča Valley is the most beautiful region in Slovenia, that's why we will stop to do some sightseeing and refreshment at the Soča river with wonderful views of the Julian Alps. We can also take an easy half an hour hike, to visit one of the most famous slovenian waterfalls – Kozjak. Drive to the Vršič Pass (1611m), the highest pass in Slovenia and also highest pass in the Eastern Julian Alps, with a breathtaking mountain panorama up to Triglav, the highest mountain of Slovenia. The Vršič Pass links the Upper valley of the Sava River with the Trenta Valley. Once we make the drive, we will make a stop at the small Lake Jasna next to which one can find a legendary statue of a Capricorn with golden horns. Legend talks about a possible gold horn’s hidden treasure somewhere in the Julian Alps. We will also visit nearby Planica, the valley of ski jumping hills, which is believed to be the cradle of ski jumping. Accommodation in Kranjska Gora and overnight stay.
Note: Tolmin Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until the end of March.
BLED – LJUBLJANA – (AIRPORT)
After morning breakfast, we depart from Kranjska Gora and head to one of the most famous Slovenian attractions – Bled. We will visit the historical Bled Castle, which offers a great view of the lake as well as the town itself. After, there will be some free time to take a ride on a pedal boat “Pletna” to the island in the middle of the lake, where you can make a wish while ringing the church bell. Once in Bled, take time to have a cup of coffee in one of the local bars accompanied by the famous Bled cake “kremšnita” (cream cake) while enjoying the view of the lake. Afterwards we return to Ljubljana, where we can do some final shopping before we head back home. Option of extra night in Ljubljana. (there is also an option to go directly to the airport from Bled if you have an afternoon flight)
PRICE POLICY & DISCOUNTS:
Slovenian summer Round tour in 5 days price*: 887,8€ per person
- *minimum number of people: 4
Supplement for smaller group booking sizes: **
- Group size of 3 people: 150€ per person
- Group size of 2 people: 452€ per person
Discount prices for: **
- Senior: 877€
- Youth: 844€
- Kids: 777,8€
- Infant: 91€
- Extra discount for bookings of 6 or more people in one category (Adult): 120€ per person
** infant bookings will not count as a booking person/ does not count for minimum number of people requirement or discounts
CANCELATION TERMS FOR THIS TOUR:
- FREE CANCELATION UP TO 4 WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE
NOTE: THIS TOUR CAN BE CANCELED FROM OUR SIDE IN CASE THAT:
- MINUMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED FOR THIS TOUR IS NOT MET
- UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES (LIKE COVID 19 OUTBREAK, COUNTRY RESTRICTONS, FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- 4x Accommodation in 4* Hotels/Guest Houses with breakfast
- Professional English-speaking (other languages on request) guide/driver
- Transport by comfortable car/van
- Parking fees and fuel
- Funicular ride to Ljubljana Castle
- Entrance fee to Postojna Cave
- Entrance fee to Predjama Castle
- Entrance fee to Sečovlje Salt Pans
- Admission to Piran city wall
- Entrance fee to Lipica Stud Farm
- Wine tasting in Goriška Brda
- Entrance fee to Tolmin Gorge
- Entrance fee to Bled Castle
- Tasting of Slovenian food 4x
- Prosciutto degustation
- Kranjska klobasa (sausages)
- Soča Trout (fish) or Žlikrofi
- Bled Cream cake
- Airport Transfer's
- Personal expenses
- Ticket: “Pletna Boat” - 14 €
- Traditional food & drink picnic basket -10€
- The Kobarid Museum of World War I – 7 €
- Kozjak Waterfall – 4€