In the morning meet and greet your guide and travel companions in the lobby of the hotel / airport. Drive to Postojna, where we enter the famous underground world of the Postojna Cave. The cave attracts numerous tourists on a daily basis with its beautiful stalagmites, stalactites, “curtains” and other phenomena caused by water flowing through the limestone, as well as for it being home to the renowned “human fish''. High on the wall, only 9 kilometres from Postojna Cave stands Predjama Castle. A beautiful, powerful, defiant, mysterious castle that couldn’t be conquered. It has reigned for over 800 years high on the rock. The Guinness Book of World Records recorded it as the largest cave castle in the world. After castle’s visit we return to Ljubljana. We 'll explore the city centre of Ljubljana. The old city centre has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to its mixture of Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture with masterful creations by the 20th century architect Jože Plečnik. The funicular will take us to the Castle of Ljubljana situated above the town. Time to admire the magnificent view, which on a sunny day stretches all the way to the Alps. We suggest ending the day with a boat cruise on the Ljubljanica River. Overnight stay.
Slovenia On Your Weekend Break
- Family tour
- Open tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Educational tour
- Private & Custom tour
Postojna Cave in all its beauty and majesty provides an experience that will long be remembered! Take an unforgettable ride on Postojna Cave's underground train and experience a fascinating subterranean paradise shaped by tiny droplets over millions of years. Feel the charm of the magical Alpine lake of Bled, renowned for a medieval castle perched on a cliff above the lake and an iconic view on the Bled island. Ljubljana is a people-friendly city. A medium-sized European city that offers everything a metropolis does yet preserves its small-town friendliness.
Type of day tour: 2 Full day sightseeing tours
Duration: 2 days – 2 night's minimum
Departure and time: on Request
Best time for trip: all Year
Number of persons: 8 persons or less
- The Queen of the Underground World – Postojna Cave
- Meet the Baby Dragons - Olms
- Take a ride on an electric train into the heart of the cave
- Visit the mysterious Predjama Castle
- Wander through the spectacular cliffs in Vintgar Gorge
- Visit the ancient Bled Castle
- Stroll on the banks of the iconic Bled Lake
- Bohinj, the largest glacial lake in Slovenia, inside Triglav National Park
- Walking tour of the charming old city centre
- The Funicular to the Castle of Ljubljana
- Masterful creations by architect Jože Plečnik
Know before you go:
- When booking you will receive a confirmation in 24h
- There is a possibility that your group will be joined with other groups at some attractions (Postojna cave tour etc....)
- This is an Open tour - meaning that there can also be other people on the same tour (not more than 8 per group)
- If you would like to make this tour private just for you and your family, friends, business you can choose this option when finishing booking, by choosing an extra: Make this tour my private tour. (meaning that there will not be anybody else joining on the daily trips)
- Guide or our office will contact you for all the details, regarding your arrival (pick- point and time) and departure.
- Airport transfers are not included in the package, but you can add them as an extra on your booking
- Our small group/Private tours, reach max. 8 people.
- Transportation vehicle for group up to 3 people will be a family friendly car, if more you will be transported by Van for up to 8 passengers.
- Infants need to be seated in their own seats (they will be provided one if needed)
- Minimum number of people rule applies for this tour. In case that requirements are not met, we will cancel the tour and refund your payment
- In case of a bad weather, we hold the right to adjust the program so that you will be able to have a better experience
- Vintgar Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until April. In period from November to April we do not visit Vintgar Gorges but spend more time in some other place.
- Regardless what time of the year it is, you should have a warm jacket with you when entering Postojna Cave.
- At both, Postojna cave and Predjama castle, you will have to conquer quite a few stairs.
- Your physical activity should be at the moderate level
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- We hold the right to change the plan of the tour (meaning that there is an option for us to switch between Friday and Saturday day trips etc...)
What to bring:
- Bring comfortable walking shoes, jacket (no matter what time of the year are you traveling) and don’t forget your camera.
POSTOJNA CAVE – PREDJAMA CASTLE AND LJUBLJANA
VINTGAR GORGE – LAKE BLED – BLED CASTLE - BOHINJ
Morning pick up at the hotel. Our journey will take us to the Vintgar Gorge. The 1.6km long Vintgar Gorge carves its way through the vertical rocks of the Hom and Bort hills, and is graced by the Radovna with its waterfalls, pools and rapids. The path, leading over bridges and Žumer’s galleries, ends with a bridge overlooking the mighty 16m high Šum waterfall. Due to its natural beauty, Vintgar was classified as one of more important tourist sites in Slovenia, and the number of visitors increases every year. After a walk through the gorge and back, we stop at Bled. We can visit the historical Bled Castle (supplement), which offers a great view of the lake as well as the town itself. After there will be some free time to take a ride on a pedal boat “Pletna” (supplement) to the island in the middle of the lake, where you can make a wish while ringing the church bell. Once in Bled, take time to have a cup of coffee in one of the local bars accompanied by the famous Bled cake “kremšnita” (cream cake) while enjoying the view of the lake. After the walk through Bled, we drive to Bohinj, a town located in the Bohinj basin, a 20km long and 5km wide area in the heart of the Julian Alps in the Triglav National Park. Its main feature is the preglacial Bohinj Lake. Time for picnic in beautiful nature. We offer you a choice of a half-hour hike uphill through the woods to the scenic Savica Waterfall or a cable car ride to Vogel that offer a beautiful view of the Lake and the Alps. We return to the hotel late in the afternoon/ early evening.
PRICE POLICY & DISCOUNTS:
Slovenia on your weekend break tour price*: 215€ per person
*minimum number of people: 4
Supplement for smaller group booking sizes:**
- Group size of 3 people: 49,5€ per person
- Group size of 2 people: 148,5€ per person
- Senior: 212€
- Youth: 204€
- Kids: 187€
- Infant: 7€
- Extra discount for bookings of 6 or more people in one category (Adult): 49,5€ per person
** infant bookings will not count as a booking person/ does not count for minimum number of people requirement or discounts
CANCELATION TERMS FOR THIS TOUR:
FREE CANCELATION UP TO 1 WEEK BEFORE DEPARTURE
NOTE: THIS TOUR CAN BE CANCELED FROM OUR SIDE IN CASE THAT:
- MINUMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED FOR THIS TOUR IS NOT MET
- UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES (LIKE COVID 19 OUTBREAK, COUNTRY RESTRICTONS, FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional English-speaking (other languages on request) guide/driver
- Transport by comfortable car/van
- Parking fees and fuel
- Entrance to Postojna Cave
- Entrance to Predjama Castle
- Entrance to Vintgar Gorge
- Funicular ride to Ljubljana Castle
- Airport Transfer's
- Personal expenses
- Ticket: “Pletna Boat”
- Traditional food & drink picnic basket
- Savica Waterfall
- Vogel Cable car return ride
- Entrance fee to Bled Castle