In the morning meet and greet your guide and travel companions in the lobby of the hotel. After check-in, circular tour of the city of Vienna, and pass the Vienna Opera House (Wiener Staatsoper), the Art History Museum (Kunsthistorisches Museum), the Natural History Museum (Naturhistorisches Museum), Austrian the Parliament Building (Parlament or Hohes Haus), the University of Vienna (Universität Wien), the Vienna City Hall (das Rathaus), the Stock Exchange (Die Börsenfachgeschäft) etc. We take a walk through the city centre and go from Hofburg to the Cathedral of St. Stephen (Der Stephansdom). Overnight stay.
Between Vienna and Venice
- Wine tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Cultural tour
- Educational tour
- Culinary tour
- Private & Custom tour
Slovenia has a rich cultural heritage, and is proudly nurturing and preserving it. This route, rich in major Slovenian tourist attractions, takes us around this country in the heart of Europe and over its borders to Venice and Vienna.
Type of tour: Sightseeing tour
Duration: 8 days
Departure and time: On request
Best time for tour: April - October
Number of persons: 2-8 persons
- Magnificent city of Vienna with its top attractions as St. Stephen's Cathedral, Hofburg Palace, and Graben Street
- Visit the iconic Bled Lake
- Learn about the bee-keeping in Museum of Apiculture Radovljica
- Walking tour of the charming old city centre of Ljubljana
- Tolmin Gorges - a loop trail past stony peaks, a thermal spring, waterfalls, and rock formations
- Wine tasting of excellent local wines at Goriška brda
- Legendary St. Mark’s Square, Doge’s Palace and the Grand Canal in Venice
- Explore gorgeous seaside town Piran
- Visit the home of the Lipizzan breed and discover its unique history
- The Queen of the Underground World – Postojna Cave
- The Museum of Apiculture is closed on Mondays.
- Tolmin Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until the end of March. In period from November to March we do not visit Tolmin Gorges but spend more time in some other place.
- The program (tasting and meals) could be adjusted due to client’s nutrition requirements.
VIENNA – BLED
After breakfast, we drive to Slovenia, namely its mountainous area and visit the most renowned Lake of Slovenia, Bled Lake. Accommodation in a hotel. We are going to explore the city of Bled, visit the historical Bled Castle. After visiting the castle, we will take a ride on a pedal boat “pletna” to the island, where you can make a wish while ringing the church bell (supplement). Overnight stay.
BLED – RADOVLJICA – LJUBLJANA
After breakfast we will drive to Radovljica, where we visit the Museum of Apiculture and see the history of bee-keeping in Slovenia. We continue to the capital of Slovenia, and take a panoramic tour of the city. Accommodation in a hotel and time to settle in. Afternoon stroll through the city centre of Ljubljana. The old city centre has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to its mixture of Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture with masterful creations by the 20th century architect Jože Plečnik. Overnight stay.
LJUBLJANA – MOST NA SOČI – TOLMIN GORGES – GORIŠKA BRDA
Breakfast. Drive to Tolmin and visit the beautiful Tolmin Gorges (Tolminska Korita), where nature and water create magic colours and forms. Walk in nature, on the Emerald route, will fill you with energy. After the visit of Tolmin Gorges we drive to Goriška Brda, from where we have a spectacular view on the Slovenian mountains and the Venice Lagoon. Wine tasting and lunch in a local restaurant. Accommodation in a hotel and overnight stay.
GORIŠKA BRDA – VENICE – SLOVENIAN COAST
After breakfast, drive towards the Venetian Lagoon to Venice. There, we board a vaporetto that will take us to Murano Island, known for the first glass-blowers of the renowned “Murano glass”. We take time to see the glass-blowing process and the collection of artistic products and jewellery. Free time for purchasing souvenirs. Then we take a vaporetto and sail to Saint Mark’s Square – the main square considered as the centre of Venice, with its main attractions and most important buildings: Doge's Palace, the St. Mark’s Basilica, the St. Mark’s Clocktower, the Procuratie Vecchie, the Napoleonic Wing of Procuratie, the Procuratie Nuove, St. Mark's Campanile and the Loggetta, and the Biblioteca Marciana. Two patrons on columns guard the “Piazza San Marco” – the lion of St. Mark and St. Theodore of Amasea who stands on a crocodile, sacred animal of Egypt. Free time for sightseeing and shopping. Return back to Slovenia. Overnight stay.
SLOVENIAN COAST - PIRAN – LOKEV – LIPICA - POSTOJNA – LJUBLJANA
After breakfast, we visit Piran. This city with its rich cultural heritage resembles a large open-air museum with medieval architecture. Narrow streets and compact houses give the town its unique charm. Piran is one of Slovenia's major tourist attractions. After some free time, we leave the coastal area and take a trip the Karst area. Firstly, we visit the ham-drying facility in Lokev, where we see the production of the famous Slovenian dried-ham – “pršut”. Tasting of Karst dry-cured ham “pršut” with a glass of local red wine “teran”. We continue our journey to the Lipica Stud Farm, a farm with more than 400-year-old tradition of breeding and selection of thoroughbred horses. Some free time to enjoy nature. Next, we drive to the famous underground world of the Postojna Cave. We take a small train which will drive us through the cave while we enjoy its underground secrets. Drive to Ljubljana. Accommodation in a hotel and overnight stay.
After breakfast, we start the day with a boat ride on the Ljubljanica River. Afterwards we take a ride with the funicular to the Ljubljana Castle. Afternoon is free for individual sightseeing and shopping. Overnight stay.
After breakfast, we meet in the lobby to say farewell to our new friends and travel companions and take the last group photo in memory of the unforgettable moments in Slovenia and its neighbouring countries. Check-out.
- Professional English-speaking (other languages on request) guide/driver
- Transport by comfortable car/van
- Parking fees, tolls and fuel
- 7 x accommodation in double/twin room in 4* hotels as per program, based on buffet breakfast
- Entrance fees: Bled Castle, “Pletna” Pedal Boat, Radovljica Museum of Apiculture, Tolmin Gorges, Lipica Stud Farm, Postojna Cave, Boat Ride on Ljubljanica River, Funicular to the Ljubljana Castle
- Wine tasting with lunch at Goriška Brda
- Visit of Ham-Drying Facility with tasting and glass of red wine
- 1-day ticket for public transport of Venice
- Single supplement
- Other entrance fees and visits (price on request)
- Beverages and other meals
- Personal expenses